Winter version of Veg Bol
A bit of olive oil for the pan
1 Onion, diced
2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tsp basil or oregano or both!
1 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
4ish mushrooms, sliced (or diced if you need to hide them!)
2ish Carrots/Parsnips/Turnips/Swedes of any combo, to make up approx 4 veg,
1/4 cauliflower, more if you have it!
2 tins of diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 tin of lentils, rinsed and drained
1 tin of 4 bean mix (or whatever you have in!), rinsed and drained
3 handfuls of baby (or any type!) spinach
- Fry onion and garlic in large fry pan (high sides if you have one).
- Once onion is soft fry spices for a minute or until it's all you can smell.
- Sauté mushrooms with spices and onion.
- Add vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and paste and bring to the boil then lower to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked. Then add spinach which will wilt quickly.
- Serve with Quinoa, cous cous, rice, pasta
Mmm... seasonal vegetables, they look so crisp!
I love my Tupperware happy chopper - effortless chopping = happy Heidi!
And as Adam (my very camp Tupperware dealer) would say
"a few tugs and your done - if only everything in life was that easy!"
We were to busy to take a photo of the finished result, but Missy Moo and Nate devoured the lot and Nate even reheated some for lunch at work the next day.