Monday 16 July 2012

A trip to the Diggers Club

Diggers Club retail shop in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens [Source]

I was like a kid in a lolly shop! On Sunday afternoon we took a quick trip into the Botanic Gardens to play in the tree roots and visit the Diggers Club shop. They were so great there with all their heirloom veggie goodness and abundance of gardening know how. The girl working there was extra lovely and helped us with all our start up questions.

Missy Moo investigating these magnificent trees. She told me last week that she hadn't climbed a tree so I thought we better rectify the situation!

For organisation fanatics such as myself this store will take you to your happy place! All the seeds are perfectly lined up and have little tabs for those that can be sown now. This made it so easy, a little too easy, to pick up many, many seeds that I could go home and plant!

Ready to sow!

I also became a member. Which gives you 6 magazines per year, chock full of info and tempting catalogues to order seeds, trees and other gardening goodies. Membership also gives you discount on their goods, which is lucky given that I may have splurged a little.

Some of the perks of being a Diggers Club Member, these were ALL free!

I bought a fantastic book "The Australian Fruit and Vegetable Garden" by Clive Blazey & Jane Varkulevicius. The thing I LOVE about it is inside it details how you can grow ALL your own fruit and vegetables in a suburban block! We're in a duplex, but I reckon we can go a fair way to being self sufficient for fruit and vegetables with a bit (ok, A LOT) of creative planning. I'm super excited and can't wait to get into it.



Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have a garden plan soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment